BENEFITS & OBJECTIVES
The scientifically-proven benefits of spending more time in woodlands or forests:
• Boosted immune system functioning, with an increase in the count of the body’s Natural Killer (NK) cells.
• Reduced blood pressure
• Reduced stress
• Improved mood
• Increased ability to focus, even in children with ADHD
• Accelerated recovery from surgery or illness
• Increased energy level
• Improved sleep
The objectives of this initiative are:
1. To increase public awareness and acceptance of forest therapy, and other practices that mobilize the connective and healing power of nature.
2. To establish areas of natural forests on public lands as designated sites for forest therapy activities, such as walking and meditation.
3. To transform our cultural relationship to forests through fostering deeper relationships and positive experiences with forested areas.